Accountable for the delivery of products and services by the team, as the Agile Delivery Manager you will be joining RNID at a very exciting time.
As the UK’s largest charity supporting deaf people and those with hearing loss and tinnitus, RNID is striving to reach and support many more people than they do today.
They are on a mission to provide information and support to people whenever they need it, as well as carrying out ground breaking research into treatments for hearing loss and tinnitus for those who want them and campaigning to make life fully inclusive.
They are putting digital front and centre of what they do. It is the best way to reach more of the 1 in 5 adults in the UK who are deaf or have hearing loss and the 1 in 8 with tinnitus. That’s why they are designing a new digital service and this recruitment will support this stage of the new digital strategy.
As the Agile Delivery Manager in the Digital and Innovation capability, you will be joining a team who:
- Design, build and iterate services and products, but are not limited to digital
- Work on discoveries, prototypes and continuous improvements that span the charity
- Translate and join up user and organisational needs into the end-to-end design and delivery of valuable services, no matter the channel
Whilst they are one team with a shared purpose, you will work iteratively to support cross-functional Scrum teams made up of people from across the charity to bring impactful and meaningful work to life.
The Agile Delivery Manager is accountable for the delivery of products and services by the team. You will:
- build and maintain motivated teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards
- protect the team and make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important
- coach team members and others, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment
- proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints
- potentially manage risks, budgets and people
To do this you’ll be deploying your skills and experience in these key areas:
- Agile and Lean practices: Identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use. Able to recognise when something does not work and encourages a mindset of experimentation. Can adapt and reflect, is resilient and has the ability to see outside of the process. Able to use a blended approach depending on the context. Able to measure and evaluate outcomes. Able to help teams to manage and visualise outcomes.
- Communicating between the technical and non-technical: Able to listen to the needs of technical and organisational stakeholders and interpret them. Able to manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication. Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
- Maintaining delivery momentum: Able to facilitate the delivery flow of a team, managing the pace and tempo. Able to actively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team.
- Making the process work: Able to identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. Able to add value and can coach the organisation to inspect and adapt processes. Guides teams through the implementation of a new process.
- Planning: Understands the environment and is able to prioritise the most important or highest value tasks. Able to use data to inform planning. Able to manage complex internal and external dependencies. Able to provide delivery confidence. Able to remove blockers or impediments that affect the plan and is able to develop a plan for difficult situations. Ensures teams plan appropriately for their own capacity.
- Team dynamics and collaboration: Able to bring people together to form a motivated team. Able to empower delivery teams. Able to help create the right environment for a team to work in. Recognises and deals with issues. Able to facilitate the best team makeup depending on the situation.
We will start interviewing for this position as soon as possible, to be considered please apply with your CV, regrettably please note we may not be able to reply to each and every application.
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practices that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note we are working with RNID exclusively for this recruitment, any third party CVs submitted will be redirected to The Talent Set for review.