The Talent Set are thrilled to partner Saferworld, to find a Business Development Manager to focus on securing commercial contracts, identify potential niche areas for Saferworld market expansion, assess viable growth trajectories and support development of relevant bids and capacities in support of commercial business development.
Job Title: Business Development Manager (Commercial)
Salary: £41,855 - £45,737
Contract: 2 years (room for permanent), Full time
Location: Home based (Office is in Old Street, London)
Closing Date: Thursday 16th September 2021
Required: CV and cover letter
Benefits: Very flexible working arrangement, international scope of work, development and progression opportunities.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate with solid new business development experience, ready to take on a new challenge in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- With the Head of Saferworld’s Conflict Advisory Unit, assess organisational capacities, challenges and risks associated with growing commercial income and use this to inform our strategic approach and new business development
- Identify, map and prioritise opportunities to grow commercial income
- Identify opportunities for Saferworld to participate in commercial frameworks and consortia arrangements
- Co-ordinate and manage commercial framework bids and partnerships
- Assess internal processes and systems and recommend areas for strengthening/refinement to better support commercial activity
- Facilitate and co-ordinate tender design processes, including with colleagues from country programmes and, where necessary, lead on identifying and negotiating with partners
- Co-ordinate inputs from programme, finance and technical colleagues in to the production of high quality commercial bids and supporting documents (results frameworks, budgets)
- Review, feedback on and edit content for inclusion in commercial tenders where Saferworld is operating on a sub-contract basis
- A flexible and strong team player
- Pragmatic, measured and analytical in approach
- Commitment to and compliance with Saferworld’s safeguarding principles
- Entrepreneurial approach and a drive for results
- Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity, and understanding of how this applies to own area of work
To find out more, or apply for the role, please contact Stuart Milliner at The Talent Set.
Together with Saferworld we are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.