We are delighted to be partnering with one of the most prestigious children’s charities in the UK. Action for Children believes every child should grow up safe and happy, they are there to step in and help when times get tough. They offer invaluable support for young people and their families, protecting the vulnerable and supporting those that need it. Action for Children give children a voice through their campaign work, and fund crucial research to help shape a better future. Running over 476 local services throughout the UK, they believe in building solid foundations and spotting problems early.
The Talent Set are helping them find a new Innovation Strategy Lead. In this role you will assess the landscape of innovation at the charity, understand the opportunities and develop and support the implementation of an innovation strategy. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute your ideas and experience and create fast paced change that will make a difference to children’s lives across the UK. The role is initially 6 months with a potential for extension and possibly a permanent opportunity.
- Identify and drive future strategic direction to increase impact of the innovation portfolio, including assessment of gaps and new capabilities needed to ensure they’re able to achieve growth through the programme.
- Develop and scale key new products based on business needs and ensuring the business needs are the driver for where the opportunity areas are.
- Manage product risks and interdependencies with other elements of the programme and lead on quality assurance – delivering and designing high quality user-centric products at speed so that we have a balanced portfolio and multiple ways for audiences to support us financially.
- Continuously influencing key internal senior stakeholders and challenging current thinking.
- Creating and initiating a cross-divisional change programme to develop their effectiveness; enhance ways of working (and address tensions) in the current model between the increasing number of teams involved in new product development.
- Develop their work through partnerships and utilising this as a drive for new product development.
- Define and drive opportunity areas for a new recurring revenue product.
- Proven experience in an innovation role either in the charity or commercial sectors.
- Experience of creating a growth strategy in complex, multi-functional environments.
- Experience of running an innovation programme and working with multiple stakeholders with competing objectives.
- Expertise and experience in generating income from new products.
- Experience of identifying a consumer/audience need, developing/extending a product to meet that need and taking the product to market at scale.
- Proven experience, expertise and success in developing and implementing user-centric products.
- Experience at working at senior levels within a charity or commercial environment or equivalent.
- Expertise in the leadership of multi-discipline/integrated campaign design and execution.
- Understanding of product development processes.
- Effective verbal, written and visual communication skills that you are able to tailor to the needs of the audience
What's on offer:
This fixed term contract can be offered on either a salary (£47,000-£52,500) or as a day rate (£221- 235 PAYE). As the team looks to expand, there may be an opportunity for extension or a permanent role at the end of this contract. You can either be home-based or work in a hybrid way from one of their offices.
Please apply today as applications will close once a suitable candidate has been found and this is not a role you’ll want to miss out on