Sign up to stay in touch
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
The Royal Marsden is a world-leading specialist cancer centre, treating and seeing over 55,000 NHS and private patients every year. It is a centre of excellence with an international reputation for ground-breaking research, pioneering the latest cancer treatments and technologies, as well as specialising in cancer diagnosis and education.
The Talent Set are working exclusively with The Royal Marsden to recruit an Internal Communications Manager on a 12 month FTC to develop and implement the Trust’s internal communications strategy, delivering a proactive plan to ensure all staff, regardless of role, feel connected to the organisation and that they have a voice on key issues.
Key responsibilities and objectives include:
• Feed into and deliver the internal communications strategy for The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, aligned to the Trust’s Five- Year Strategic Plan, annual operational objectives and the Workforce Strategy.
• Deliver the agreed internal communications activity whilst continually reviewing and measuring the effectiveness of the channels and delivery methods used
• Commission an annual audit of current internal communications to inform the Trust’s future approach, improving processes and delivery channels as necessary
• To develop and maintain good relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure we hear about, and can communicate, internal news
• Source, write and edit stories from all parts of the organisation to ensure that the work of the organisation is comprehensively represented across all internal channels including the intranet, RM Matters
• Represent Marketing and Communications at internal meetings, often senior management meetings, taking responsibility on completing actions in a timely manner; writing urgent comms and liaising with senior leadership for sign-off
• Provide advice and expertise on internal communications to the senior leadership team
• Draft and sign off speaking points for the senior leadership team ahead of CEO all- staff briefings and play the role of producer on all- staff virtual webinars
• Work with The Royal Marsden’s Digital Team, within Marketing and Communications, on the content provision and development of the Trust intranet and scope other intranet options for the future
To be successful in this role you will have experience managing internal communications activity in a dynamic organisation, confident managing stakeholders at all levels. Healthcare knowledge/experience is beneficial and sound understanding of intranet systems would be favourable.
To be considered for this position please apply with your CV as soon as possible, we will begin conducting interviews imminently. Regrettably please note we may not be able to reply to each and every application.
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practices that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note any third party CVs submitted to The Royal Marsden will be redirected to The Talent Set for review.