We are excited to be working with an incredible disability charity to support their recruitment of a PR & Communications Manager for a 12 month fixed-term contract.
This role will be managing integrated PR and communications projects to promote the research and innovation work the charity is doing to political, professional and public audiences. You will help to build and bring awareness to the charity’s reputation, working closely with digital, brand, stakeholder engagement, public affairs and internal communications teams.
The role would suit someone who feels confident creating accurate and engaging copy, strong stakeholder and relationship management including the media, and experienced at managing media enquiries.
Key skills include:
- Act as the strategic communications lead on specific projects, creating the overall strategy and delivery plan for communicating research and innovation work which grows the charity’s reach, profile and credibility
- Understand the charity’s research and innovation plans in depth and shape media and content opportunities
- Own and lead the communications plans for individual projects, working with communications colleagues to develop messaging, media hooks, digital content and event ideas
- Work with the Senior Press and PR Manager to ensure that communications opportunities are integrated with communications for promoting charitable operations, such as the grant portfolio
- Take the lead on developing media opportunities, securing coverage and responding to media enquiries about research, innovation and grants portfolio
- Develop relevant media relationships and maintain them for key projects, alongside the Senior Press and PR Manager
- Evaluate the success of projects and campaigns and make recommendations for continuous improvement
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Extensive PR Communications operational experience, ideally in the charity/NFP space
- Confidence in liaising with a variety of senior level stakeholders, both internal and external
- Awareness of disability issues would be a bonus
- Experience of working with research, policy or other complex material and developing news hooks and story ideas
- Experience of managing media and integrated communications campaigns across a number of channels
- A storyteller with a passion for writing and excellent verbal communication skills
- Proven track record in building media relationships and proactively securing coverage in national and trade media
- Experience of working with other project teams and as part of a cross-functional communications team
- Experience of media crisis management
- Experience in project management and ability to organise workload and assess priorities
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract position (with the potential to go permanent), paying up to £50,000. The charity offers hybrid work patterns, coming into the Essex-based office 2 days/week.
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make adjustments to always ensure a fair process.