We are working with a fantastic charity changing the lives of children across the UK. They are looking to appoint a Storytelling Officer to help them deliver inspiring interviews with beneficiaries, to showcase the incredible work they do.
You will be responsible for working with frontline staff members and beneficiaries in the community to compile inspiring content to showcase the excellent work that the charity undertakes. This is an interim role for 3-6 months to provide additional support to this busy team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work to compile engaging written, film and digital materials that can be used to deliver at events and in promotional material for the organisation
- Keep an active database of case studies, constantly updating their content to ensure they are relevant and up to date
- Travel to charity project locations to interview beneficiaries and staff
- Support internal stakeholders with accessing this content on the database and ensuring all materials are used appropriately and conform to the organisation’s data protection and safeguarding policies
- Work with colleagues across the organisation and maintain strong relationships with a diverse range of departments
- Consistently review content of the case studies to ensure they are presented in a sensitive manner and align with the other communications coming out of the charity
- Use your excellent copywriting skills to ensure stories are always highlighting the inspiring work that the organisation completes
- Work with the manager of the team to ensure content meets the demands and business priorities of the organisation
- Keep up to date with current affairs that may require an increase in any particular content
Person specification for this Storytelling Officer:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to project locations around the UK
- Previous experience working in storytelling within a charity
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience translating impact of an organisation from interviews with beneficiaries
- Strong copywriting skills
- Ability to be flexible with prioritisation of workload
- An ability to utilise an organisation wide database and maintain an organised set of files
- A genuine interest in getting to know people and their stories and an ability to translate that into inspiring words
This organisation is offering a day rate of £125-£130 per day Umbrella/Ltd. This is an interim role for 3-6 months to provide additional resource to the busy team and will be mostly remote, with some occasional travel into their office headquarters.