We are excited to be partnered with a wonderful mental health charity to help find their next Digital Communications Officer. This is an initial 3-month contract.
As the Digital Communications Officer you will develop and support the organisation’s ongoing digital communications activity on the website.
- To implement new content, design and functionality, with awareness of the following:
- site architecture, wireframes and page layouts
- text, images, graphics and other multimedia files
- forms and usage of third-party integrations for data capture
- SEO impacts on new and existing content
- web accessibility standards
- To respond positively and in a timely manner to all requests for content additions, amendments and ad-hoc requests from the Digital Manager, internal teams and the organisation’s branches (via the Digital Service Desk), working within agreed timescales
- Produce and maintain test plans, best practice guides and end-user documentation where required
- Edit content from the internal team at Central Office, and give appropriate feedback where needed
- Provide advice and support to branches creating their own digital content through our Digital Service Desk
- Work with the Social Media Manager, Digital Manager and staff teams to produce effective and engaging content in support of external activity across the organization.
- Demonstrable experience of updating websites using content management systems.
- Experience using web analytics packages, interpreting results, testing and optimising user journeys.
- Understanding of user experience and accessibility to inform web design and development activity
- Able to create written content which adheres to the organisation’s editorial guidelines
- Understanding of the sensitivities of dealing with a vulnerable online audience
- An understanding of responsive design
- An understanding of digital marketing, user journeys, personas, and marketing attribution
- Proven image editing and design skills with some experience using design packages such as Photoshop
- Able to interpret visual identity guidelines and apply them creatively and consistently across a range of digital channels
What's on offer:
This a full-time role offering a day rate of £120-£130 PAYE. The role offers flexible working with the option to work fully remotely or hybrid with their office being in central London. This is an initial 3-month contract with the potential for a permanent contract.
Please apply today so as not to miss out!
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.